Skip navigation

We have wanted to do a Berliner Weiss for a while.  Today is the day. 


Our yeast is a bit on the old side.  One vial of WLP 630 expires in October and the other this month.  A yeast starter was in order.


We also replaced our silicone hoses.  They were still in pretty good shape after two years and many batches.

We missed our 149° mash in temp by 1 degree so we did a mini decoction of one quart an hour into the 90 minute mash to achieve and maintain the correct temperature.


Otherwise, the brew session went well and the yeast was chugging along within 18 hours.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: